Monday, March 24, 2014

Handmade with True Love.....



I have recently been on a mission to find an alternative 'guestbook' for my guests to leave their 'mark' at our wedding. I didn't want a traditional guest book that people would write their warm wishes in as I feel that these are too often looked at once after your big day and put in the back of a cupboard there after. I saw this fabulous idea on Pinterest of a 'balloon thumbprint guest book'...the idea is that guests would dab their thumb onto a colourful ink pad and then print it on to the picture above to make it look like the bride and groom are holding strings of balloons! The picture can then be framed and displayed in your home as a constant reminder of a wonderful day with family and friends. I completely fell in love with this as balloons are going to feature hugely at our wedding. I knew this was perfect but what I didn't like was the huge price tag that they were selling for....So....I made my own! It was VERY EASY to do and I would encourage all those with time on their hands to do the same. You can too often be ripped off with these things that can easily be made yourself. I simply bought a clip art from the internet of a bride and groom and then created a page on MS Word with added lines/writing. I then took the document in to Staples and had them print it on onto a large poster all for the small price of $10!!! Not only is it a bargain but it was handmade with true love! (Hoping to start selling these on Etsy in the very near future so watch this space). 

No comments:

Post a Comment