Friday, February 12, 2016

Life Happens...


Wow, I can't believe it has almost been a full year since I last posted! That surely is a sign that life has become way too busy, and that when Friday nights roll around the choice between blogging or bathing in a hot bath is an easy one. Anyway, in a bid to continue to document important events and memories in my life (for future reference) I am back on with a new attitude. 

When I first started this blog I felt a real need to have to write something at least once per week. That just became way too much and often left me with a feeling of guilt. I also struggled to think up things to write about so was just creating random recipe/ craft or fashion posts which had no real meaning to me. My new attitude to blogging is one that involves much less stress and commitment. I am now more focused on using my blog as a tool for myself and my family as a means of documenting memories, feelings and adventures. This will give us a platform for looking back and reflecting on the years and will enable us to reconnect with the things that make us happy. I am way more comfortable with this approach and feel much less obligated to have to write every week. I am hoping to write at least once every 3 months and focus on the highlights throughout that time. This way it will be like keeping an online journal of major events and will help me to be more mindful about the content of my writing. With that said I am now going to share the highlights from the last year to bring you up to speed on what happens when "LIFE HAPPENS"....

July 2015

Angus and I both flew home to Scotland for the summer and had an amazing 5 weeks of visiting family and friends and exploring our beautiful country! During our visit I went on a  hiking trip with Angus's sister Rachel. We completed the "West Highland Way" in 6 days and had the time of our lives. It was most definitely one of the best trips I have ever been on. The emotional roller coaster over mountains and across moors left you both tired and hungry for more! Unforgettable. 






Angus and I were also lucky enough to have a few days to ourselves down at the Cotswolds in England. This was part of the UK that I had been wanting to explore for a while and what better time to do it than on our 1 year anniversary! We reserved a barn conversion off the side of a cottage called "Popfosters". It was so beautiful and had a ton of character. As we explored the small towns and villages of; Chipping Campden, Stow on the Wold and the Slaughters we both felt like we had gone back in time. It was fun strolling round the little shops, eating afternoon tea and hiking over fields on the Cotswold Way! 





August 2015

After a wonderful summer back home, Angus and I returned to Louisville with a bun in the oven! We found out we were expecting our first baby on the morning of Friday 31st of July. We couldn't be happier...





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment